TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF OCCUPATION
Since it is our firm intention to make your stay safe and pleasant, it is important to observe and adhere to the following conditions:
- The guest agrees and confirms that he will not allow more persons to occupy the room at any one time than are destined per room.
- The guest warrants that he is duly authorized to sign for and bind all persons represented by him or for whom he is responsible (third party) to these conditions of residence, and failing such authority, agrees to be personally liable for all amounts arising from the residence of himself and his party at the guesthouse.
- The guest and each of his party agrees to pay not later than the time of arrival (unless prior written arrangements have been made with) the room rates as determined for the period of residence, the cost of food, beverage and any other amounts relating to such residence together with VAT incurred by the guests or his party during his/their stay.
- The guest hereby agrees on behalf of himself and the members of his party, on whose behalf he warrants he has the authority to contract, that it is a condition of his occupation of the Guesthouse that the lodge shall not be responsible for any injury to or death of any person or harm caused to them or the loss or destruction or damage to any property however caused, whether arising from fire, theft or any cause and by whomsoever caused arising from the negligence (gross or otherwise) willful or wrongful act of any person in the employment of the Guesthouse or sub-contractors of the Guesthouse.
- The guest and any member of his party agree that the Guesthouse cannot be held liable for any loss and/or damage due to power failures.
- The guest accepts that tariffs are subject to change without prior notification; however every reasonable effort will be made to keep the clients informed.
- Late departures beyond the stipulated time will be subject to charge.
- Early departures will be subject to the cancellation policy.
PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Cancellation fees will be charged for bookings that are cancelled from a month prior to arrival. However, in the case of a genuine and unforeseen reason a decision to charge a cancellation fee will be left to the discretion of our management. All cancellations must be in writing. No verbal cancellations will be accepted and must be reconfirmed by reservations. Shortened stays will be judged on merit, but the Guesthouse reserves the right to charge the full duration of the booked stay. The Guesthouse reserves the right to treat postponements as cancellations. Where a group booking is made (3 rooms or more), special cancellation clauses may apply in consultation with the booking agent.
Payment policy: Authorised credit card details or direct bank deposits are required. Once confirmed in writing, all booking and cancellation clauses apply. Where a block booking is made, special cancellation and release clauses may apply.
Cancellation Policy: Handling Fee may be payable if cancelled more than 30 days prior to arrival. 60% of fee if cancelled 29-15 days prior to arrival. 100% of fee if cancelled less than 14 days prior to arrival.
Corona Virus/Covid-19 Policy update:
- Any client with a booking in place between the 16th of March and the 30th of June 2020 may defer their booking up to June the 30th 2021 with no penalties.
- Should a guest not swish to travel over their current booking dates, the booking may be amended and moved to the same (or similar) dates in 2021; or to any other period within 12 months, subject to availability and at the same 2020 tariff.
- Please note that only one amendment may be made on any booking and for the same person as the original booking.
- Our current cancellation policies still apply to any outright cancellations.
- We continue to recommend to all of our guests, past and present, that they take out comprehensive travel insurance when booking a holiday, wherever it may be.
- Touraco retains the right to alter these terms and conditions at any time.