Touraco Travel Services cc. a SATSA affiliated incoming Tour Operator, was established by Irene and Hartmut Kahle in 1995 in Pretoria, South Africa.
Following her studies at the University of Stellenbosch, Irene also qualified herself in the Travel Industry. Hartmut is a registered, professional Tourist Guide(National) with an extensive background in corporate management. He has also acquired a B-Com Degree at the University of South Africa.
Dynamic and professional service, combined with our passion for Africa and its diversity culminates in the interesting content of our itineraries and distinguishes Touraco. Products are backed up by first hand knowledge of destinations, accommodation and service providers.
Touraco Travel Services operates in South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Malawi, Swaziland, Kenya, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Mauritius, Seychelles and the Comores.
In 2005 we expanded our services by establishing Touraco Tours and Transfers as a sister company. In our own modern vehicles we offer guided tours, day tours, city & township tours as well as transfers under the leadership of Hartmut Kahle, a registered National Tour Guide.
In 2008 we expanded further by opening Touraco Guesthouse, a up-market 4 star Guesthouse with seven en-suite rooms, in Pretoria, South Africa. Touraco Guesthouse is situated in a quiet residential suburb in the Eastern part of Pretoria, close to modern shopping centres, hospital etc.
We offer the following services:
- Taylor-made, professionally guided tours of all sizes
- Self-drive tours, with road maps, route and distance details as well as travel tips
- Guided day tours in all major cities and their surrounding areas, including township tours
- Up-market guest house – TOURACO GUESTHOUSE – in Pretoria
- Meet & Greet at Johannesburg International Airport
- Bookings in Lodges, Hotels, National Parks, Guest farms, Bed & Breakfast, etc.
- Train Safaris : Blue Train, Rovos Rail, Shongololo & Desert Express
- Special interest tours: Birding, Photography, Wine tasting, Historic, Cultural etc.
- Adventure Activities: River rafting, boat cruises, Bungi jumping & Balloon Flights
- Golf and Incentive Packages
- Conference arrangements, including a full entertainment program for accompanying partners
- Car rental, including fully equipped Campers and off-road vehicles
- Fly-in Safaris & Flight bookings
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance,
- European Community Directive on Travel & Trade (90/314/EEC)
Irene & Hartmut Kahle